We are not scientists or weather experts, but some simple science does make us think that “Woods are the major source of water movements from ocean to land”. Transpiration from trees helps condensation of clouds and brings it down as rain. The simple science of rain
Water evaporates from Ocean
Rises in to the air
Cools, condenses and these becomes clouds. (Evaporation from trees "Transpiration" contributes significantly to this.)
If enough water condenses then it becomes heavy to come down as rain or snow.
Earth’s complex upper air winds keep the clouds afloat, moving across vast distances around the particle or if air temperature drops it comes down as rain.
The major cause of rain production is moisture moving along three dimensional zones of temperature and moisture contrast know as weather fronts.
It does feel like a joke from us when we say or ask the relation between Plants and Oxygen. It’s always useful to go back to basics. Most scientists believe that our major source of oxygen is Cyno-bacterium (Blue/Green Algae) and that though Photosynthesis. Whether we believe the theory or not it will be difficult to deny that our major source of Oxygen is Photosynthesis and that is Plant/Tree.
This is changing fast and we are all responsible and affected. Challenges:
Deforestation (unbelievable 15 billion trees per year)
Replaced by other gases.
Increased consumption. (Practically all forms of combustions use Oxygen)
Do we actually have a problem? Researches coming out suggest: In big cities the oxygen content is reported to be as low as 15%. This is a clear indication that human activities alter oxygen control system.
Clip from UNESCO tells us a lot.
Now what can we do?
We are lucky that enormous resource is available with the availability of Internet. Why not simplify what we do:
1. Seeds and Saplings are like baby, someone needs to take care of them till they become a mature tree when they can take care of not only themselves but us as well.
2. The information we gathered is that if you take care of tree for first 3 to 5 years, generally they are fine on their own after that.
3. Lets sow a seed or plant a sapling, choose the one which grows in to a nice big tree. Take care for about 3 to 5 years.
4. Keep it yourselves in your premises or donate it to someone who can take care of it or let us know we will try to find a house or a forest for you tree.
5. We would recommend at least one sapling per person in a family. Why not name a tree with names of your choice and make it memory for life. Or dedicate it to your beloved once.
6. Irrespective of you donate to us or not we will publish you on our website.
7. If possible never forget to take advise from Gardner, Farmer or senior member who knows about trees.
8. Why not be one of our first 1000 super heroes and you get Rs 50.00 gift voucher (The number of members getting gift is likely to go up with your contributions towards the membership.
How do you compare replacing a Tree with a Sapling?