Driving a vehicle especially Motorbikes and Cars have become a necessity in no time from being a luxury. With so called “Economy bloom” almost everywhere on the planet we have seen the exponential rise in use of vehicle on our planet. This no doubt has made our life more comfortable especially commuting. And everything comes with some price. As we know “there is no free lunch” and there is price to pay. We are facing the centuries biggest problem “The Global Warming”. But here we will talk about safety. Everyday several thousand lives are lost all over the world. There are various factors responsible and undoubtedly we can do something for preventable causes of Accidents on the Roads.
Very basic: The Purpose of having a Vehicle is for our commuting.
It becomes a responsibility of all of us for being safe ourselves and keep other safe.
We are not here to teach Driving through this article. Aim is to look for possible factors which can help us to prevent us from various vehicular Accidents.
Let's see where all we can keep an eye and be safe:
Legal: There is a reason why there are traffic rules, and simple reason is for all of our safety.
Do not let your vehicle to a person who can not drive legally. Giving your vehicle to someone who cannot drive safely is like “Giving licence to harm someone or self”.
2. Health: there are various medical conditions which makes you unsafe to drive a vehicle. Please follow the rules and check with your doctor. Once again there is a reason why we are not allowed to drive with certain Health problems, don’t risk yours or someones life.
3. Consumption of Alcohol or other substances or even Medication which affects your senses.
4. Tiredness: Whether you have not had proper sleep or you have been working long hours and most importantly driving constantly for long hours you are likely to have poor concentration and judgement capacity. Do not drive if you are tired. For long drives take regular breaks, it is recommended that one should take a break after every two hours of driving. Unfortunately some people think that they have good capacity to drive long distance, think several times, take a break be fresh for your driving.
5. Being Impulsive: road rage is not an uncommon reason for accidents. It’s not our job to chase someone who is wrong on the road, stay away and be safe. If possible report to respective authority.
6. Making phone call or texting while driving is no less than “Drunk Driving”. For that matter any distraction can be dangerous.
7. It’s not a Racing track, if you want to show-off participate in Racing Competition, racing on the road kills
Helmets and Seat Belts These save lives. Wear them or lose someone
Front seat or Back seat, it does not matter, not wearing Helmet or Seat belt, you are risking your or someone else life.